Friday 6 November 2009

Who....?


I was stopped by the police this morning on my way to do my periodic tenancy check on our rental cottage in Cawdor. I thought there may have been a major incident, such was the officious manner of the policeman.

It turns out that there is a 'celebrity' wedding taking place at the church and the police were instructed to discourage fans and on-lookers from parking or camping on the road. After checking my credentials and my ensuring it was not my intention to throw my underwear or camp at the roadside, I was sent on my way.

Who is the celebrity ? I phoned my source at Cawdor Castle to find out, it seems that Cawdor Castle and Drynachan Lodge have been booked for the weekend, for the reception.

It's Mark Owen, they told me.... I was still none the wiser....

Felicity my grand-daughter was very excited when I told her, apparently he's in the band 'Take That' and Robbie Williams (I've heard of him) would also be attending. There would be hundreds of fans there and most of the hotels and guest houses in the area are fully booked.

Now if I'd have known about this in advance then I could have rented out my other property in Cawdor on a short term let and charged an exhorbitant rate for it !

Oh, to move in the circles of the people with their fingers on the pulse, mine was certainly going much quicker as I tried to make my way past the photographers and fans of this man, without hitting anyone in Mrs Jacksons unweildy Volvo estate.

(Here's a picture of the man and his beloved - above - Sunday afternoon at the church in Cawdor, if waiting outside a church in the cold Autumn drizzle is your type of thing).

Perhaps the happy couple may be interested in a cottage to rent in the area for their wedding anniversary, I'll start planning now...

If you go along to spectate, don't get too cold & wet this weekend.

Mr Jackson.