Wednesday 11 August 2010

Depressing....


Sorry for the lack of blogging of late - Avid readers may remember my previous exploits and my resulting broken hip. Unfortunately, of late my hip has been giving me 'jip' and I've spent a few days being looked after by the excellent staff at Raigmore.

I'm pleased to say that I'm back on the mend and I am all wi-fii'd up and ready to get back on the blogging wagon - which I've really missed, (along with my cakes and buns from Macleans) A mention sometimes guarantees me a free doughnut !

I've also popped in to see David at Moray Property - Seems things are going rather well and already they have a window stocked with properties. David tells me the rental market is presently 'on fire' and doesn't have enough rental stock to keep up with demand. (That wallpaper doesn't get any duller does it David !)

The same can't be said for sales - where it's certainly a 'buyers market' at present. With many vendors choosing to go down the fixed price route, rather than the more traditional 'Offers Over', snaring the first 'ready, willing and able' buyer.

It seems that prospective vendors in the area are awaiting the defence review which is due next month, we will then hopefully put an end to the speculation about the future of RAF Kinloss & Lossiemouth.

Let's hope it's good news, as closure of either base would hurt the local economy and housing market badly. We'd see house prices tumble, as many personnel are forced to ship out and sell up.

Though as usual, there is talk of the army moving into RAF Kinloss and the Navy back to RAF Lossiemouth, then again there's always talk of this every couple of years. We could do with Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic taking off soon (quite literally). That would certainly see the area 'Rocket'.

All this, coupled with the poor Summer and the forthcoming sale of Mackenzie & Cruikshank (one of my favourite shops) in the Forres High Street, things are certainly looking a bit bleak.

Thank heavens for Benromach and the cakes in the cafe on the green at Cawdor, like rental properties, both are well worth indulging in and will raise anyone's spirits.

Lets hope for the best & keep smiling.

Until the next time.

J.