Wednesday 31 March 2010

I'm going outside, I may be some time...

(Lossiemouth, pictured above, this afternoon).

Once again the weather in Moray has turned cold & frosty (like when Mrs Jackson found out I've been talking to an 'attractive lady' on the beach at Findhorn - why I mentioned the words attractive and lady I don't know...Won't be doing that again).

However I digress, the weather is particularly poor at present, with snow, rain and strong winds. Not a great time for looking for your next property, or so you would think.

This afternoon, I called in to see David at Moray Property in Lossiemouth, to discuss their expansion plans for the Summer (Hope I haven't said too much David ;-). He tells me there is a noticeable change when the weather is poor, there are less enquiries by phone and less visitors to the office. However their website statistics go up. Which indicate people are stopping at home and viewing on-line.

This in turn leads to your estate agent being quieter than normal, so it is an ideal time to call in and discuss your requirements in detail, they will be much more inclined to spend time with you and go through your property requirements in detail, than they would with a busy office full of potential purchasers.

So, now is the ideal time to visit your agent in person and even snap up a sale bargain, as the poor weather looks set to be with us for a while longer. Don't wait for the sun and the first signs of spring, as you'll have to queue out of the door.

Unfortunately the same can't be said for the ravenous rental market, David tells me they only have 2 rental properties available at present, from a portfolio of 180. So, if you are in the market for a rental property, then you need to get out there - whatever the weather !

Even the staff at Harbour Lights were looking slightly worried as I ate my delicious blueberry custard cake, as the waves crashed over the marina walls this afternoon, perhaps they would feel safer in the estate agents up the hill...

Wrap up warm out there !

Mr Jackson.