Monday 7 September 2009

Housing 'Apps'.....

Always one to keep up with the latest technology fads, (even at my age) I was interested to see that last Tuesday, Rightmove launched their new iPhone app and early signs are promising with it topping the 'Top Free Apps' on iTunes.



It’s no surprise that the UK property portals want to get involved with iphone apps as they become increasingly popular and more and more people are using mobiles to search the web. The top US property app from Zillow has been downloaded over half a million times, proving how popular mobile web surfing for property is and has the potential to be going forward.

I am sure that Rightmove would like to follow in the footsteps of Zillow and know that the other portals are working on iPhone apps too, Globrix being one of them promising to bring out an app with wow factor very soon.

If I was a property hunter with an iPhone, I would prefer the Rightmove site for now, but if I was an Estate Agent I’d be looking at getting my own mobile site and being prepared to promote the Globrix services alongside my own - Keeping well ahead of my competitors !

Until the next time,

Mr Jackson.