Friday 19 June 2009

Schoolyard Tales.....

I asked the chaps at Moray Property recently what they thought about some of the other agents in the area. With a smile and to their credit they simply advised me that there were some better than others and it would be unprofessional of them to comment on their competitors.

"We let our qualifications and experience do the talking", said David. "You are only as good as the staff you employ and we have exceptional staff !".

What a good answer and what a refreshing change this made - Just this week I've been into two separate agencies, one in Forres and one in Elgin and spoke with the company partners of each. It was the first time I had met these people and within seconds they were quick to tell me not to use Estate Agent X or Letting Agent Y, as to quote "they're struggling for buyers, they are a waste of space, they're bargain basement, offer poor service and drab marketing".

Frankly I was astounded to hear such blatant condemnation of other professionals - I know the industry has not got the best of names and with company partners like these it's not surprising ! It was like being in the school yard.




I find that the best way to choose between any product or company is by a recommendation from an independant reliable colleague or friend. If this is not available then choose the one that is best qualified to meet your needs.

Though I for one won't ever be using either of the two agents I spoke to. Time to grow up boys....

Caveat emptor (and seller and landlord) !

Until next time,

Mr Jackson