Thursday 9 April 2009

Back Home....

You'll all be pleased to hear Mr Jackson Snr is now back home, well I say back home, he's living with us presently in Lossiemouth. He passes on his regards to all his blog readers and thanks them for his cards and their best wishes.

He seems to be on the mend - but it will take a while yet. Whilst I'm on the subjuect of living with your parents, the number of rent-free adults has more than tripled in a year to just under 2m !

That's 18 to 34-year-olds living rent-free with parents, other relatives, friends. This time last year, the figure was around half a million. Now - according to research by Abbey Mortgages - it's 1.6m. And there's a further 300,000 aged 35 to 54. It reminds me of Timothy Lumsden in the sit-com 'Sorry'. Come on kids, get your own place !

I've called in to see Dave & Paul's new property centre in Lossie this week - Wow ! Have you seen their wallpaper ! This is just what Lossiemouth needs to bring it up to date, a modern trendy and professional property centre. Coupled with the new Harbour Tea Rooms - And Virgin's Spaceport We're headed in the right direction !

They were just putting up their ARLA certificates when I popped in - Well done guys - It's not an easy qualification to get ! Already with plenty of properties available to let and buy, may I wish you luck - though I'm sure you won't need it.

I forgot to mention tea and cakes in this post, so here goes, blueberry muffin and an expresso..... That will keep Dad happy.

Until the next time, all the best.

Jackson Jnr.