Thursday 27 November 2008

Something special in the estate....

Today I've just returned from 'Ord Ban' the new cafe within the Rothiemurchus estate in Aviemore, my taste buds are still recovering, from the delicious home made butternut squash soup and beautiful lamb and mint sandwich.

It's an ideal place to indulge and take your mind off the property slump for a while. I'm surprised it's not full of estate agents drowning their sorrows in the sea of homebaked cakes.

Formerly the senior classroom of the old school house with its high pitched ceiling, pine floors and wood burning stoves. Now, a friendly and relaxed café by day and intimate dining room by night.

All the bread is made by hand each morning and a tempting medley of home baking awaits you throughout the day. Children are very welcome and the menu features some good healthy options, for those of you watching your weight - Mrs Jackson please note I had the healthy option lunch !

Heartily recommended !

I'll have to take Copernicus a good long walk now to get rid of my two slices of pear strudle (don't tell Mrs J). I'll see if I can get into treble figures counting the estate agents boards - If I do I'll reward myself with another visit to Aviemore later in the week. I think I'll make it a very long walk....

Yours thoroughly fulfilled,

Mr Jackson.